MSI requires that you register your computer with ITS before you can gain access to the main MSI network.
Some basic requirements must be met for the your computer system to be allowed to use the MSI network.
- Supported Operating Systems with up-to-date system patches
- valid contact information
- all user accounts with Strong Passwords
- host-based Firewall
- Anti-Virus software
If you bring a personal system in to connect to our network, please be aware that it may be vulnerable to viruses and intrusion attempts. We suggest you take the following precautions:
- Personal Firewall (built-in ones are fine) that prevents all incoming connections
- The latest critical operating system updates are installed
- all user accounts have strong passwords
- up-to-date anti-virus software
Before you request network access, please try to address these precautions ahead of time.
All personal systems are use at your own risk. If your machine is infected or flagged for suspicious behaviour, its network access will be disabled until the issue has been resolved.