UCSB offers free wireless access (Wi-Fi) in throughout the Marine Science Building. To access the free wireless network, you must be a current UCSB faculty, staff, or student, and must know your UCSBNetID and password.
Prerequisites to connect to the UCSB Wireless Network
Make sure you have:
- A wireless enabled device with Internet browser software installed.
- A wireless adapter with TCP IP installed. The adapter must support 802.11a, 802.11b, or 802.11g.
- A UCSBNetID and password.
Instructions to Connect to UCSB Wireless Network
- There are two wireless networks: UCSB Secure and UCSB Wireless.
- Using your device's network utilities, look for the network you would like to use.
- UCSB Secure requires you to do a 1-time setup. To do this, first connect to the "UCSB Setup" network. Follow the instructions as they appear on your screen. Once the set up is complete you can use UCSB Secure without additional log-ins.
- UCSB Wireless requires you to log in each time you use it. If everything is set up correctly on your machine, you will be redirected to the log in screen when you first open your browser.
Limitations and Disclaimers Regarding Wireless Access
- The UCSB Wireless is not secure. Information sent from or to your laptop can be captured by anyone with the appropriate equipment and technology. For secure browsing, go through the setup so that you can use the UCSB Secure wireless network.
- ITS staff can only provide limited technical assistance. There is no guarantee that you will be able to make a wireless connection.
- ITS assumes no responsibility for laptop configurations, security, or data files resulting from connection to the UCSB Wireless network.